In recent years, Columbus GA and the Georgia Department of Public Safety have followed the national trend and begun to crack down on drunk drivers. A DUI conviction will automatically cause your driver’s license to be revoked and may (depending on criminal history) lead to forfeiture of your car and prison time. Many people, like politicians, doctors, salesmen, students and business owners cannot afford to have a DUI conviction on their record.
A DUI is one of the most difficult criminal cases to defend, because it is typically based on an officer’s direct observation, bolstered in many cases by so-called “objective” chemical testing. So it is imperative that you have a qualified and experienced DUI defense attorney to protect your rights, your freedom and your criminal record.
Even when faced with an “open and shut” case, there many opportunities for an experienced DUI defense lawyer to provide a winning legal defense. We will aggressively investigate your arrest to guarantee that your rights have not been violated. Issues that can lead to a dismissal of your case include:
- Did the arresting officer have probable cause to stop your car?
- Was the field sobriety test performed correctly?
- Did the arresting officer give proper advice before requesting a breath test?
- Was the testing equipment properly calibrated and accurate?
- Were there any medical conditions that may have influenced the driver’s condition?
It is important to act quickly to prevent the suspension of your driver’s license. So call and speak to a DUI defense lawyer today.